UK1541 is a real time drive emulator with cycle-exact 6502 instructions execution and VIA’s emulation just by tiny MCU, LCP1114, Cortex M0, 48Mhz (0,84 DMIPS/Mhz).
Developed by: Krzysztof Switajski aka Kisiel/ICON, Manual for GUI version 0.038.012015
Features for Core Version 1.1.4.012015
- Core 6502 running at 1Mhz with illegal opcodes\ - 16kB Flash ROM, multiple custom roms not available now
- 4KB Ram, from $0000 till $0fff
- VIA port and timers emulation
- SD card 1 - 8GB, FAT32, formatted in Windows.
- d64 35 / 40 track with read and write (beta testing)
- Update from standard SD card.
NEW FIRMWARE YOU CAN FIND IN CHAPTER „FIRMWARE UPDATE”
On UK1541 board (88x70x2mm) you can find:
- LCD TFT Screen 2,2“ , 320 x 240, True Color,
- Infra Red receiver, for remote control
- CR2032 battery holder,
- mini jack connector as replacement for IEC port,
- DB9 connector for joystick,
- User Port connector, for power and signals like 8-bit parallel aka burst
- two buttons , MENU and RESET.
On UK1541 there are four leds:
- TOP red , DRIVE , function as is in 1541 real drive,
- MOTOR blue/green, indicates if motor is ON/OFF
- DEBUG yellow, at this stage indicates SEI/CLI flag of CPU,
- SYSTEM, red, indicates errors connected to IR, battery (software under construction version 0.4.11.14)
GUI is split to four main windows:
- Top bar, highlights currently selected file to mount/unmount,
- Left Window, shows file list with cursor,
- Right Window, show directory content of d64.
- Bottom bar, shows current status, type of d64, current Track number, etc.
To navigate the cursor you need to use:
- joystick plugged into DB9 port
- IR remote controller
joystick / remote function:
- up / down , cursor moves up and down,
- right, cursor moves to next page,
- left, cursor moves to back page,
- Fire , to mount unmont disc, to enter directory
Other buttons on IR remote controller:
- GUI Reset, resets SD and TFT screen, GUI.
- Core Reset, resets 6502 core , VIA's etc.
- Drive 8, drive number 8, switch set to number 8 (core reset required)
- Drive 9, drive number 9, switch set to number 9 (core reset required)
0. Turn off C64
1. Prepare empty SD card, FAT32,
2. Copy files for update,
3. Plug in SD card to card connector,
4. Turn on C64,
5. Wait till GUI shows windows.
6. Remove files from SD card after update !!!!.
7. If you trying to update core already updated, firmware update will stop.
How it works: http://youtu.be/qgtqw4SwS6Y
Q: Why I have dead pixels on TFT screen ?
A: Please remove protection sheet.
- fragmented files support (95% done, testing),
- blind mode,
- bug fixing, header align,save errors
- menu button, calendar, last access d64 image,
- IEC navigation,
- prg support
- g64 support,